1996 Ford Mustang Cobra Twin Turbo 1000 RWHP car for sale or trade. Call or text 573-225-4938.
$30,000 OBO includes car, (3) 5 gallon cans 110 unleaded race fuel , (1) 5 gal can methanol, spare sensors, spark plugs, and spare parts. This car would cost almost double my price to build from scratch. This car is very, very fast and built with the best parts. Drive on the street and get 16 MPG or the car works on the street very well. I have spent a lot of money on suspension to make this car work on the street.
This car is top notch. The paint is a 9.5/10. Still has factory leather front and rear seats and they aren’t torn or cracked. It has a lot of top shelf parts. There weren’t any short cuts taken on this car. The engine has all very good parts. This is a true Cobra. Not a clone. Odometer reads 86,636 and the complete new engine has only 2,051 miles.
Trades considered will have to be clean complete cars. No unfinished projects. NO JUNK!! Tell me what you have and all I can say is not interested. Partial to Coyote powered Mustangs, Corvettes, 67-69 Camaro, other muscle cars, newer Shelby Cobras. If you have any of these let me know what you have to offer. If you don’t, tell me what you have and I still maybe interested.
The BAD: The car has developed a coolant leak on the passenger side rear of the block. From the research I done it appears to be the freeze plug on the back of the block is leaking. I HAVEN’T CONFIRMED. I drove the car recently and it doesn’t run hot or have a miss. The car didn’t run hotter than 185* when I drove last, which was 5/15/19. Didn’t even realize it was leaking until I noticed spot on garage floor. I changed the spark plugs recently and they didn’t show any signs of a blown head gasket. The coolant reservoir is near full also. Head gasket would suck this dry and run hot. Neither has happened with this car. I just don’t feel like pulling the transmission to gain access to fix it. Engine doesn’t have to come out to fix it. Can gain access with transmission removed. If I don’t sell or trade then I will fix it myself. I just don’ t have the time right now to do it. This is the ONLY thing wrong with this car.
If you don’t have the money please don’t waste my time. I DON’T HAVE TO SELL THE CAR AND WILL NOT GIVE IT AWAY.
1. Sterling Gray exterior color. UJ Ford Paint Code.
2. 17” Weld Alumastar Black Anodized front wheels
3. 15” RC Comp polished single beadlock rear wheels
4. M/T sportsman front skinnies
5. M/T 275/60 R 15 Mickey Thompson Et Street R radials No burnouts.
6. Smoked Headlights, tail lamps, and badges.
1. Factory OEM front black leather seats
2. Rear OEM leather seat still in car.
3. 4 point cage with bolt in swing out bars
4. 5-point race harness belts for driver’s seat only.
5. Radio/CD with USB port.
6. Speakers in factory location. (Not Mach 460 sound system)
7. Hurst Pistol Grip shifter with transbrake button
8. No A/C. Had to remove condenser for the oversized intercooler.
9. Factory speedometer, tach, volt meter, and fuel gauge still works.
1. 4.6L, .020 over Teksid Block
2. Ross Forged pistons
3. Oliver billet rods
4. Cobra crankshaft
5. Hamilton Clark Intake.
6. Rich Groh prepped “B” heads
7. Precision Turbo 96 lbs/hr fuel injectors
8. MMR Oil pan
9. Melling Oil Pump
10. Twin 62mm BBK throttle body
11. Moroso sheet metal overflow tank
12. Moroso sheet metal power steering fluid canister
13. Stock ’96 cooling fans.
14. Mishomoto Radiator
15. Oil Scavenge pump for oil return from turbos
16. New alternator
17. New water pump
18. ATI Super Dampner
19. Stock ’96 Cobra Cams
20. Cometic head gaskets
21. ARP Main studs, head studs, side main supports, etc.
22. Precision Turbo BOV’s. 37mm.
23. Ferrea Valves and springs
Twin Garrett 62mm ball bearing and billet wheel turbos
Very large air to air intercooler mounted behind front bumper cover.
Magna Fuel 750 EFI fuel pump
Alky Control methanol injection/ 5 gal ALKY reservoir in trunk.
Bigstuff 3 with data logger and 3 step. 24x conversion already done.
E-boost boost controller. Boost controller is controlled by the “On/Off” cruise control button in the steering wheel. Can put more boost into at a touch of a button.
ATF Speed Stage IV 4R70 (Good up to 1200 RWHP per Patrick @ ATF Speed)
ATF Speed spec’d out lock up converter.
1. Santhuff double adjustable front struts with coil over 150# springs.
2. Rear Santhuff double adj shocks in stock location
3. Racecraft upper and lower control arms
4. Team Z anti roll bar
5. 35 spline Moser axles
6. Moser spool
7. Stock cobra brakes front and rear with new rotors and pads.
8. Team Z stock location springs
9. PST chromoly drive shaft with strange slip yoke and upgraded u-joint.
10. 3.55 gear