Hughes Performance part number 25-3X is an Extreme Duty Street/Strip 4L80E transmission with full manual shift, trans-brake, and a forward shift pattern (P-R-N-4-3-2-1).
Features and upgrades include:
- Billet steel input shaft
- Billet steel intermediate shaft
- Forged steel forward clutch hub
- Custom direct drum with Pro Mod 36 element sprag
- Max clutch count with red racing frictions
- Kolene steels
- High Energy intermediate band
- High static carbon rear band
- Roller thrust bearings where applicable
- All new GM electronic components
- New internal wiring harness and case connector
- Fully upgraded front pump
- Deep cast aluminum pan with magnetic drain plug
- Trans-brake valve body, auto or full manual
- Borg Warner overdrive roller clutch
- Borg Warner low roller clutch
- Dyno tested
- Rated for 1,500+ flywheel horsepower
Offered in the early 1991-1996 case, mid-year 1997-1999 case, or 2000-later 7-bolt case.
Borowski Race Engines, Inc. is an authorized Hughes Performance dealer. Please call us at 815-725-2727 with any questions regarding this transmission or the available options listed below.
UPGRADED VALVE BODY
Billet aluminum full manual trans-brake valve body upgrade now available, reverse shift pattern (P-R-N-1-2-3-4), fastest setting and fastest releasing trans-brake on the market, will cut .000 lights with a good driver.
The recommended converter for this transmission features triple disk, billet construction and is designed to work with trans-brakes.
Our LS engines typically come with Holley Terminator X-Max engine management systems. These will also control the transmission thereby eliminating the need for separate trans-controller. Just need a trans-controller? No problem. Hughes Performance has a great stand-alone unit. (call for details)
We can also offer packages which include an SFI rated Extreme Series 168 tooth flywheel, trans-cooler, trans-mount, flexible dipstick and Lucas HP 501 Sure-Shift transmission fluid.
IMPORTANT NOTE: $400 CORE CHARGE AND FREIGHT BILLED SEPARATELY