When Dart introduced the first in the LS Next line of engine blocks in 2013, it opened the door to mechanically reliable big horsepower LS builds. The design featured a bottom end with splayed billet main caps, priority main oiling, 6-bolt head provisions, longer cylinder barrels and much more. Dart blew the top off horsepower limitations and we at BOROWSKI RACE ENGINES, INC. were all over it from Day 1 as the advantages were glaringly obvious.
A big jump forward was the skirted aluminum LS Next block. We have used this block for a gamut of power including NA, supercharged, turbo and nitrous engines like the 427ci, including 4.5L Whipple shown in the dyno video above.
- Dart priority main oiling system with provisions for stock oil filter mounting.
- Siamesed cylinder bores with thick walls.
- Cylinder barrels extended 0.375" at the bottom of the bores relative to OEM.
- Thick decks ensure reliable head gasket seal.
- Blind head bolt holes.
- 6 bolt per cylinder capability.
- Scalloped water jackets increase flow around cylinders for better cooling.
- Splayed outer bolts on middle main bearing caps.
- Provisions for LSX roller lifters and cam.
- Uses OE front and rear covers.
- All OE bolt holes for starter, water pump, etc.
- Parts kit sold separately
Specifications from Dart
- Deck Height: 9.240" (Stock), 9.450", 9.750"
- Cylinder Bores: 4.000", 4,125"
- Main Bearings Size: Stock LS
- Main Caps: Steel 4-Bolt
- Cam Location: Stock or Raised 0.388"
- Lifter Bores: Stock .842" Diameter
Borowski Race Engines, Inc is an authorized Dart dealer and can get you any of their products. In addition, we can offer a 'Fully Machined" option gives you an assembly ready painted block with cam bearings and oil galley plugs installed. It doesn't end there. How about available upgrades like piston oilers or 1/2" head studs that we can take care of on our CNC machining center?
Give us a call at 815-725-2727 to discuss your needs from parts to complete crate engines and everything in between.